Persons processing cannabinoid hemp or hemp extract used for human consumption, whether in intermediate or final form, are required to obtain a cannabinoid hemp processor license from the office. This includes both processors who extract hemp extract from the raw hemp plant and those who purchase hemp extract in intermediary form to manufacture and/or formulate finished products.

Until such time as the new Office is operational, the Cannabinoid Hemp Program will continue to operate under the Department of Health.


For current information on the Cannabinoid Hemp Program, please visit the New York State Department of Health Cannabinoid Hemp Program website

Join Our Mailing List

Add your name to our mailing list to receive automatic updates on the progress of New York’s Cannabinoid Hemp Program. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Sign Up