Employment with New York State
Most state jobs are divided into two categories – competitive and non-competitive.
- Competitive Jobs (exam required):
- You must take and pass a civil service exam before applying for a competitive job.
- Applying for the specific position comes after you sign up, take, and receive your exam results - a process that takes at least 90 days.
- Non-Competitive Jobs (no exam required):
- You must meet the qualifications for non-competitive jobs, but do not need to take an exam. These positions are generally filled by people with professional licenses, trade skills, or other specific qualifications.
Visit the NY.Gov page for information concerning exams and the hiring process, and how to find a job in New York State Government.
Current Employment Opportunities
Employment for Persons with Disabilities
The Office of Cannabis Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity, and reasonable accommodations and/or modifications as necessary, for qualified persons with disabilities.
Learn more about the Governor's Program to Hire Individuals and Veterans with Disabilities for more information on specialized programs designed to help place individuals with disabilities in state jobs.